REFLECTION TASKS PROPOSED BY STELLA COTTREELL (2005)
Reflection: emotional self-managment
For me, my emotions and feelings are difficult to manage when I am trying to express my point of view. As a consequence, it makes feel anxiety, stress, and disturbance. When I express an opinion, I try to everyone see the importance that has a particular situation, but it is impossible to change the point of views. So I deal with these by listening to other people and try to be impartial and do not focus on my own point of view.
Reflection: Influences on my thinking
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don’t prejudice my thinking are my preconceptions and beliefs because sometimes I think we all have believed and analyzed in the same way but in reality, we all have different visions. So I deal with this by being conscious that there are different concepts and are valid, and to do that, I have to be more open-minded.
Reflection: Challenging opinions
For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are not have a good argument in which I can help the other person to change that opinion.
I deal with these by on focusing on my own opinion to make interesting and useful for people´s opinions.
Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner’s description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?
taking into consideration what Bodner said about the student do not have a critical thinking is truth. The education do not prepare students to have a critical thinking, always is memorization and repetition everything what the educator says. For that reason, many students are not a qualified professional because there are not trained for think with criteria.
Reflection: Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months.
I am going to work on my attention and learn more strategies to use properly the critical thinking. Be more careful with my opinions and accept people´s opinion in a good way and not look at people as if they were a rival to me.
Reflection: Influences on my thinking
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don’t prejudice my thinking are my preconceptions and beliefs because sometimes I think we all have believed and analyzed in the same way but in reality, we all have different visions. So I deal with this by being conscious that there are different concepts and are valid, and to do that, I have to be more open-minded.
Reflection: Challenging opinions
For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are not have a good argument in which I can help the other person to change that opinion.
I deal with these by on focusing on my own opinion to make interesting and useful for people´s opinions.
Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner’s description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?
taking into consideration what Bodner said about the student do not have a critical thinking is truth. The education do not prepare students to have a critical thinking, always is memorization and repetition everything what the educator says. For that reason, many students are not a qualified professional because there are not trained for think with criteria.
Reflection: Consider what you could do to manage these barriers in the next few months.
I am going to work on my attention and learn more strategies to use properly the critical thinking. Be more careful with my opinions and accept people´s opinion in a good way and not look at people as if they were a rival to me.
Hey, I know it is difficult to make something public, even when you think that your supporting sources are weak. However, I think that firstly, you have to be sure of what you want to make know from you, being self-confident, giving loud voice to your opinions.
ResponderEliminarHi Vannesa.
ResponderEliminarI also find very difficult the fact that my arguments might not be very well-founded. not only to change other people's mind, but also to show other people that I have plenty of knowledge about a topic, and that my arguments are not vagues.
HI!
ResponderEliminarI like the way you express yourself, not many people accept our weaknesses when it comes to having a reason or not, I think that we all have a reason, because our lives are different and each one builds their own truth, and as you say it, the important thing is to accept others people's opinion.
Understanding that we all are different is important; so when you are trying to share your opinion you must show respect to the other person, even if you do not share her/his viewpoint because we will always find people stubborn and with different ideas, beliefs than we and that is fine due to that is what make us to think and be the way we are.
ResponderEliminar